Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Custom XP

Since school was over, I decided to install XP again so I can play Assassin Creed when that baby hits the PC launch. And also some aoe in the meantime. I had an XP SP1 CD but damn takes long to update to Sp3. So I hit up a torrent and got this shit call "Windows XP Ultimate Edition (by Johnny) [December2007-R3.4]" This crap is pretty slick.

Pros: (All pre-installed)
Themes (Vista,XP,Linux,OSX,Others)
XP MCE
Pre-SP3
Bypass WGA/Key
Pretty UI
Load time much improved
Crapware all removed (except IE/WMP)

Cons:
Format was long (Maybe was my 160GB HD)
Pretty slow fresh install
CD didnt auto eject on finish.
No Unattended Install Process. (Would of save me all that time)

After all this shit Still need an Antivirus and Spyware, trying out Kerpersky and still looking for a spyware blocker. Been using these portableapps, these crap are tight dont even need to install shit what a time saver. http://portableapps.com (<--legit free apps) and also i hit up ddl2.com for extra portable software thats on the shady side.

Overall my Windows Rig is much improved. Still choppy a bit with the vista theme but not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment